1. “Let us not forget that the cultivation of the earth is the most important labor of man. When tillage begins, other arts follow. The farmers, therefore, are the founders of human civilization.” – Daniel Webster.
2. “Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you’re a thousand miles from the cornfield.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower.
3. “Agriculture is our wisest pursuit because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals, and happiness.” – Thomas Jefferson.
4. “The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops, but the cultivation and perfection of human beings.” – Masanobu Fukuoka.
5. “Agriculture is the noblest of all alchemy; for it turns earth, and even manure, into gold, conferring upon its cultivator the additional reward of health.” – Paul Chatfield.
6. “Farming is a profession of hope.” – Brian Brett.
7. “A reasonable agriculture would do its best to emulate nature. Rather than change the earth to suit a crop it would diversify its crops to suit the earth.” – Verlyn Klinkenborg.
8. “If you tickle the earth with a hoe she laughs with a harvest.” – Douglas Jerrold.
9. “The discovery of agriculture was the first big step toward a civilized life.” – Arthur Keith.
10. “Agriculture engenders good sense, and a good sense of an excellent kind.” – Joseph Joubert.
11. “The story of family farming underscores a legacy of sustainability.” – Amanda Zaluckyj, ‘The Farmer’s Daughter The USA.’
12. “I would rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world.” – George Washington.
13. “No race can prosper until it learns there is as much dignity in tilling a field as in writing a poem.” – Booker T. Washington.
14. “The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways.” – John F. Kennedy.
15. “The farmer has to be an optimist or he wouldn’t still be a farmer.” – Will Rogers.
16. “It is only the farmer who faithfully plants seeds in the Spring, who reaps a harvest in the Autumn.” – B. C. Forbes.
17. “As long as there are a few farmers out there, we’ll keep fighting for them.” – Willie Nelson.
18. “Do what you love to do, and be around things that make you smile.” – David Jackson.
19. “We have neglected the truth that a good farmer is a craftsman of the highest order, a kind of artist.” – Wendell Berry.
20. “I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want to own.” – Andy Warhol.
21. “There are only three things that can kill a farmer: lightning, rolling over in a tractor, and old age.” – Bill Bryson.
22. “The master’s eye is the best fertilizer.” – Pliny The Elder.
23. “It feels good at the end of the day to know you made a product that other people are going to enjoy.” – Jericho Sanchez.
24. “The farm is part of me.” – Erich Wehrenberg.
25. “A good farmer is nothing more nor less than a handy man with a sense of humus.” – E.B. White.